Year 5 My Healthy, Happy Mind
My Healthy, Happy Mind is a series of engaging pupil activity journals and lesson plans, written for each year group in Key Stage 2, which support the delivery of the RSHE curriculum. The lessons focus on teaching strategies to help support children’s, emotional literacy, resilience, self-esteem, mental health and ways to seek support when needed.
My Healthy, Happy Mind Level 5 has been written for pupils in Year 5 and builds on pupils’ prior knowledge from Level 3 and 4. It contains a thirteen-lesson activity journal for pupils with accompanying lesson plans. These include; assessments, printable craft activities, practical games and ideas, all aimed at engaging children of all abilities in creative and reflective learning.
The first lesson is a baseline assessment, to assist in assessing and monitoring learning. Throughout the following twelve lessons within Level 5 pupils will discover:
- Ways to celebrate what makes them special and unique.
- The importance of taking care of their mental wellbeing as well as their physical wellbeing.
- What can cause them to feel anxious and how this can affect their actions.
- How to judge whether their responses are appropriate and practical steps to help them calm down when they feel anxious.
- That their friendships can affect their own and other's mental health.
- How to talk about their emotions and the benefits of talking.
- The importance of persistency and practical strategies they can use when they feel like giving up.
- That what they eat can affect how they feel, behave and learn.
- The importance of sufficient good quality sleep for their mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- The importance of taking time to rest and relax.
- The benefits of spending time outdoors on their mental wellbeing and happiness.
- The mental and physical benefits of an active lifestyle and the risks associated with an inactive lifestyle.
- How and where to seek support if they are worried about their health.
- How to create and use support networks.
At the end of the journal there is also space for pupils to reflect and explain what they have learnt.
The journals and lesson plans are all easily accessible and can be stored for future use by downloading the PDF.
How to Download - Once you have made your purchase, we will email you a confirmation of your order and a link to your PDF documents. This will be sent to the email address you provide and the link will be valid to download for 30 days. If you have difficulties finding the email, please remember to check your junk mail.