My Healthy, Happy Mind
My Healthy, Happy Mind is a series of engaging pupil activity journals and lesson plans, written for each year group in Key Stage 2, which support the delivery of the RSHE curriculum. The lessons focus on teaching strategies to help support children’s, emotional literacy, resilience, self-esteem, mental health and ways to seek support when needed.
My Healthy, Happy Mind Level 4 has been written for pupils in Year 4 and builds on pupils’ prior knowledge from Level 3. It contains a thirteen-lesson activity journal for pupils with accompanying lesson plans. These include; assessments, printable craft activities, practical games and ideas, all aimed at engaging children of all abilities in creative and reflective learning.
The first lesson is a baseline assessment, to assist in assessing and monitoring learning. Throughout the following twelve lessons within Level 4 pupils will discover:
- Ways to celebrate what makes them special and unique.
- The benefits of maintaining a healthy mind and how to keep their minds healthy.
- Ways to make connections between different feelings and different situations.
- How to recognise and scale their own and other's feelings.
- What happens to their brains when their feelings become very strong.
- That their feelings can affect their actions and to make judgments on if their behaviour is appropriate.
- That we all have different worries at different times and different ways to reduce worries in different situations.
- That mistakes are part of learning.
- How they can persevere when they are finding something hard.
- The benefit of being part of a community and spending time with other people.
- What they eat affects how they think and feel.
- How being tired affects them and what could be affecting their sleep.
- When and how to find support if they are worried about their own or someone else's wellbeing.
At the end of the journal there is also space for pupils to reflect and explain what they have learnt.
The journals and lesson plans are all easily accessible and can be stored for future use by downloading the PDF.
How to Download
Once you have made your purchase, we will email you a confirmation of your order and a link to your PDF documents. This will be sent to the email address you provide and the link will be valid to download for 30 days. If you have difficulties finding the email, please remember to check your junk mail.